Mid-Level Java Software Engineer
DIGI117 is looking for a Java Software Engineer that will focus on projects that help customers address their online privacy challenges. You will be responsible for designing and implementing products that help our customers discover their privacy data and assess the relevant risks.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related field; and
- 3 - 6 years of experience in the job offered (defined as the occupation of Software, Application or System Engineering).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related field; and
- 4 - 8 years of progressive experience in the job offered (defined as the occupation of Java software engineering)
Work experience to include:
- Designing and implementing RESTful Enterprise platforms using JVM software (Java, Scala);
- Design and implementation of code with Java Middleware (e.g. Hibernate, Spring);
- Designing and implementing relational schema in a Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, SQLAnywhere, or equivalent database or any combination thereof;
- Use of software engineering best practices
- Design documentation and review
- Code reviews
- Debugging application/system errors on development, QA and production systems;
- Designing testing infrastructures and implementing unit tests using the Junit (or equivalent) framework;
- Technical leadership of an engineering team to build, deploy, and support a reliable, high performing and scalable RESTful platform;
- Mentoring junior engineers on design patterns as well as design and implementation best practices (including Agile methodologies).
Desired work experience/knowledge:
- Development work on Privacy management systems
- Development work on large web-based multi-tenant enterprise platforms
- Experience with AWS infrastructure, e.g. S3, EC2, database services (RDS)
- Open source contribution
Location: Vancouver, BC
Job Type: Contract to hire