About the role:
On behalf of one of our clients, we are looking for a motivated and energetic Applications Architect. This client provides Vacation Rental accommodation and has been providing this service since 1998. The ideal candidate would be responsible for the migration of the current application from the legacy system to a more recent and updated technology stack. As the architect of the software team, you will be responsible for the platform architecture, scalability, stability and technical design of the platform and systems.
- The application was developed using Cold Fusion (Lucee), Mach II Framework, Ruby on Rails, SQL Server Database and some Java (very minimal). So experience working with the aforementioned technologies would be a great asset.
- 5+ years of Software Development, preferably Full Stack Development and designing complex multi-tiered applications.
- Proven ability to architect, build, maintain, and scale a complete system from a blank page to production
- Experience with key frameworks from the Ruby ecosystem
- Good understanding of relational databases (PostgreSQL/MySQL) as well as other data stores and their strengths and weaknesses
- Experience defining and implementing APIs (REST, XML-RPC, etc)
- Experience developing high performance, large scale distributed services
- Experience scaling a system (clustering, memory leaks, bottleneck identification, etc)
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Very high integrity
- Commitment and drive
- A passion for writing great code that is maintainable and standards-driven
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to articulate, defend and evolve an idea
- Must be self-directed and be able to prioritize own workload
- Able to approach large, complex problems and solve them systematically
- Avid follower of the technology industry and current technology/web-related trends
If you have what it takes to handle this undertaking, we would like to hear from you.