We are seeking a talented individual to managing a team of exceptional engineers. In this role you will be responsible for delivering new product features, evaluating new technologies, helping to guide our engineering teams in a cross-functional capacity, planning the strategic direction of the engineering team.
- Product Development, Process Management, people Management
- Ensure that Product Requirements are introduced and properly understood by the Engineering team in a timely manner
- Discuss project requirements with Engineering management, Product management and Engineering Tech Lead
- Meet with PM & Tech Lead to review and approve tickets for next sprint.
- Ensure design documentation is written by team and reviewed by senior Engineering staff.
- Discuss project specifications with Engineering Tech Lead and team. Ensure Project Specifications are documented, reviewed and approved.
- Define release goals and schedules in coordination with Tech Lead, Product Management, QA & Release management and DevOps.
- Coordinate and direct projects across multiple teams within Engineering. Provide detailed project plans to accomplish agreed upon goals
- Coordinate testing and release progress with QA and Release manager to ensure on time delivery of planned releases meeting defined product expectations and quality standards.
- Monitor the performance of the Engineering teams noting strengths and weaknesses. Keep Engineering management aware of team performance.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and Engineering skill set to meet the long term needs for Product Development. Request additional resources or training of existing engineers to fulfill product development needs.
- Manage Engineering Personnel including the hiring of qualified candidates, meeting with Engineers regularly to set goals and measure progress and managing non-performers.
- Mentor Engineering team personnel in terms of time management, development process, problem solving and feature design.
- Solid (10+ Years) years Java experience with Spring/Hibernate
- Good knowledge of client technologies (Angular 2+, React) a plus.
- Solid (3+ years) experience managing and building software engineering teams
- Good knowledge of modern best practice engineering disciplines, procedures and policies which result in program development.
- Ability to dig into code, do code reviews as well as critique architecture and technical design
- Good communication ability. Articulate problems and solutions crisply and concisely
- Experience in implementing test methodologies in Development
- Experience coaching, mentoring and growing engineering talent
Job type: full time/ contract